Sunday, December 11, 2005

No-Fad Living

As a "Thank You" I was given a copy of a book published by the American Heart Association entitled No-Fad Diet. As with all books, I took the time to preview the pages and get a feel for the outline and objective. Without reading the book, I can tell you that the basic outline is so common sense that it, the outline, provides a good basis for motivation. Here are the three primary objectives:
  1. Think smart!
  2. Eat well!
  3. Move more!

Think about these as they relate to any area of your life.

Think Smart

Solomon brilliantly stated, in reference to an insincere host, "As a man thinks, so he is." Our thoughts drive our actions. In order to achieve excellence in any pursuit we must first learn to think smart.

Eat Well

As a heart bypass survivor, I am learning how to make good choices in my eating. Note, I said I am learning. You'd think someone with a foot long incision in his chest and wires holding his chest bone together wouldn't need a lot more teaching. Unfortunately, the further one gets from the operation, the less "the pain" impacts choices.

Eating well also has implications as it relates to what one feeds his mind. In order to think smart, one must feed his mind well.

Move More

Ah, the ever-present activity piece. You know well that this is my nemesis. In this area, failure is not an option. I have begun wearing a pedometer to measure the number of steps I take each day. My goal is to walk at least 10,000 steps daily. To date, my highest number of steps is just over 7,000.

In order to arrive at your expectation you will need to move more. Planning and analysis are essential to any project, but alone they do not produce results. To make more, move more.

Well, there's the start of a series of pregnant thoughts. Thanks for reading and . . .

Always make a difference!

No comments: