Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Cherish the Moments

I just finished reading a post on MLM Today entitled Make The Most Of The Moments. I was not only touched by the personal incident cited, but moved to make some changes personally that will positively impact the relationships in my life.

My wife and I were privileged to raise three sons, and then, seven years ago, we were graced by the birth of a little girl. Our boys' youth blazed past me as I immersed myself in career and community affairs. When our daughter was born, however, I was challenged by the words of song by Christian composer Ron Hamilton. Bear with me as I shout a hearty "Amen" to the post previously mentioned, and to the sentiments of the song, Cherish the Moment.

Read my book, rub my back;
Mommy listen to my prayer.
Let me sit in your lap.
Daddy, fly me through the air.
Throw a ball, make a snack;
Can we go to the park?
Tuck me in, hold me close;
I'm afraid of the dark.

Sing a song, play a game;
Swing me high in the air.
Ride a bike, fly a kite;
How I love the times we share.
Hold my hand, hug my neck;
Daddy bounce me on your knee.
Come and sit by my bed;
Mommy, rock me to sleep.

Think ahead to a time
When your little ones are grown;
Hold them tight, don't lose sight
Of the blessings you have known.
Think ahead to a time
When your little boy's a man.
And you'd give anything
Just to hold him again.

Cherish the Moment;
Soon you'll be apart.
Cling to the mem'ry;
Clasp it to your heart.
Soon comes the day
When you'll have no child to hold.
So cherish, cherish the moment.

While the song refers to a child, the need to cherish our moments is hardly limited to that relationship.

Thanks, MLM Today, for keeping our activities and pursuits in the proper perspective. Way to make a difference!

Remember,

Always make a difference!

No comments: