Sunday, September 05, 2004

What Do You Choose?

I'm not sure where I found this article, but it struck a chord with me as I re-read it today. My daughter has a cassette tape of character building songs. One of the songs is "Nobody Likes a Grumbler." How easy it is to fall prey to a pessimistic outlook. It's easy to grumble about why things are the way they are. But, my friend, while the outlook may be bleak, YOU choose what kind of day you have. Dale Carnegie is quoted as saying, "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." While you can't choose the circumstances of your life, you can choose how you respond!

Hope this article makes a difference in your life!

Remember,

Always make a difference!

Today I can . . .

I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight.

I have responsibilities to fulfill today. I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy, OR... I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.

Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money, OR... I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.

Today I can grumble about my health, OR...I can rejoice that I am alive.

Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up, OR...I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.

Today I can cry because roses have thorns, OR...I can celebrate that thorns have roses.

Today I can mourn my lack of friends, OR...I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.

Today I can whine because I have to go to work, OR...I can shout for joy because I have a job to go to.

Today I can complain because I have to go to school, OR...Eagerly open my mind and fill it with new tidbits of knowledge.

Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework, OR... I can feel honored because the Lord has provided shelter for my mind, body, and soul.

Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped. And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.

What today will be like is up to me! I get to choose what kind of day I will have!


No comments: