Monday, November 21, 2005

Accountability & the English Muffin

At dinner tonight, my family and I enjoyed some homemade potato soup. This soup is very popular in our house and has become a "tradition" of sorts. For years our Christmas Eve meal would include beef stick and cheese balls from Hickory Farms and a big pot of mom's delicious homemade potato soup.

In addition to the soup, I enjoyed an egg bagel and two taquitos. As we were finishing, I saw that an English muffin remained on the table. It didn't take me long to assess that the English muffin, adorned with some natural peanut butter and honey, would be the perfect finish to an already delightful meal. As I reached for the muffin, I was reminded by my newfound accountability partner that I'd never achieve the goals I'd been writing about in my blog if I didn't act upon my professed desires. OOOOUUUUUCCCCCHHHHH!!!!! Needless to say, I didn't eat the muffin, and I'd enlisted my first accountability partner.

My blog was discovered by my wife as a result of my placing the URL in her favorites listing. No doubt, I subconsciously did so with the hope that she would "stand in the gap" and protect me from myself. Subconscious or not, my plan worked! She's on my team and stepped up to remind me of my goals.

If you're having trouble sticking with your goals, just remember the English muffin! Tell someone what you intend to achieve and be ready when they hold you to your word.

Thanks, baby! Gonna make you proud!!

Always make a difference!

No comments: