Monday, November 28, 2005

Keeping It Simple

The late Larry Burkett outlined six "Basic Biblical Minimums" for any business or business leader in his book Business by the Book. The six minimums are very common sense, but often disregarded. These six standards provide a measuring stick against which any business should be assessed:
  • Total honesty
  • Be accountable
  • Provide a quality product at a fair price
  • Honor your creditors
  • Treat your employees (associates) fairly
  • Treat your customers fairly

One doesn't have to be a professed Biblicist to acknowledge that the listed "minimums" are, in fact, essential to legitimate success.

As I contemplate actively re-entering the network marketing industry, these will be my benchmarks. There is obviously room for expansion, but my goal is to keep it simple.

While I work to increase my physical activity, I plan to use the same resolve in working toward a successful business. In each case my focus remains the same . . . always make a difference!!

No comments: